Sie sind hier: Home > Club > History

History

 

Vechta Welpe Golf Club is located in the grounds of the Welpe Estate, that has a history dating back to the 15th century. At that time it was a large estate and divided into upper and lower Welpe and belonged to two different families.By the end of of the 16th century it was run solely by the von Dorgeloh family, you can still see the coat of arms in the gables of the club house, this outbuilding was built later, the date 1608 can be seen engraved above the main entrance.

Coincidentally in was in this year the first golfclub in the world was founded in Black Heath in London. Under the patronage of  King Jacob 1st.

Since then it has seen a few owners, in 1682 it was bought by Jobst Falke from Wildeshausen. After that the neighbouring estate Füchtel was sold to family Elmendorff in 1421, the Welpe estate was also sold in 1771. The last mistress from Welpe was Caecilie Freiin of Elmendorff who married Heinrich of Droste  Huelshoff. Their daughter Maria-Anne (1866-1947) married Count Ferdinand of Merveldt, the estate then came in the hands of the Merveldt family who still own it today.

 


Facebook

CONTACT

Golfclub Vechta-Welpe e.V.
Welpe 2
49377 Vechta

Secretary
Maria Kortenbusch
Tel.: +49 4441 5539
Fax.: +49 4441 852480
info@golfclub-vechta.de
www.golfclub-vechta.de

Catering

Tel.: +49 4441 82168

Pro-Shop
Thomas Lloyd
Tel.: +49 172 4258223
info@tom-lloyd.de
www.tom-lloyd.de

GOLFCLUB

GOLFCOURSE

GUESTS